The click to Whatsapp module enables you to add a click to an element within your HTML document. The click directs the user to Whatsapp application with a predefined message which can be send to 1 or multiple Whatsapp contacts. Keep in mind that this is for now only possible on smartphones.
Make sure you set the right element ID that needs to be linked to the Whatsapp click. The content of the Whatsapp message can contain URLs (to videos, images, site etc.) Whatsapp converts the URLs to rich previews.
- Download the attached ZIP file (whatsapp.zip).
- Add the following script to your .html file in de <head> after the other scripts:
- Enter your click element ID and Whatsapp message in the whatsapp.js file (variables).
- Example: element in your format HTML file:
<img src="whatsapp.jpg" id="yourElementID" />
- Optional: this folder contains 2 sample images of Whatsapp which can be used for the click element.
- Note. Do not forget to upload the whatsapp.js file to the Weborama Previewer together with your other files.